• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do?

Wg25

3 Year Member
This is the enclosure she is in now..
IMG-20151227-WA0008.jpg
And this is gonna be her new home :)
IMG-20151227-WA0009.jpg

What do you guys think?
IMG-20151227-WA0010.jpg

corij

3 Year Member
reckon she will like that . my own redrump took over 6 months before she was at ease enough to come out of her hide much . i think i had the substrate too dry for her liking thats my guess

Wg25

3 Year Member
My young B.vagans is like that at the moment. Only comes out of his hide to feed or for a drink. And he has always been quite docile. But he gave me a scary treat pose this morning while I was digging for his molt. Was a suprise! Hehe

corij

3 Year Member
My young B.vagans is like that at the moment. Only comes out of his hide to feed or for a drink. And he has always been quite docile. But he gave me a scary treat pose this morning while I was digging for his molt. Was a suprise! Hehe
mine was sold to me as friendly. but she isnt - in fact thats why i got into the hobby deeper than i intended [cos i wanted to hold her] .shop i got it from wouldnt let me swap it for another and gave me an LP sling as a peace offering.

swimbait

3 Year Member
mine was sold to me as friendly. but she isnt - in fact thats why i got into the hobby deeper than i intended [cos i wanted to hold her] .shop i got it from wouldnt let me swap it for another and gave me an LP sling as a peace offering.

Well if you got into this hobby to hold tarantulas then many would say you have the wrong intentions. Purchasing a "friendly" tarantula is a little naïve honestly, tarantulas are not creatures that can be tamed. Sure you see some being held, but there are never gurantees.

corij

3 Year Member
Well if you got into this hobby to hold tarantulas then many would say you have the wrong intentions. Purchasing a "friendly" tarantula is a little naïve honestly, tarantulas are not creatures that can be tamed. Sure you see some being held, but there are never gurantees.
naive yes! it was a real spur of the moment decision to buy a T. i had assumed that a pet shop guy would give me good advice .

my intention is still to handle some of the Ts i have now got . iv handled my texas tan sling but its to handle [some] of the adult T that is my goal

im sure i will get there,given time . and i now know many in the hobby frown on handling for a variety of reasons but everybodys different

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't doubt you love your spiders but how could you let it get so dirty molt starts growing...
It's pretty easy to get mold. Too much moisture and not enough ventilation are the most common causes, but you can get it from other things as well. It happens quite often, even to those of us with more experience and a larger collection.

swimbait

3 Year Member
naive yes! it was a real spur of the moment decision to buy a T. i had assumed that a pet shop guy would give me good advice .

my intention is still to handle some of the Ts i have now got . iv handled my texas tan sling but its to handle [some] of the adult T that is my goal

im sure i will get there,given time . and i now know many in the hobby frown on handling for a variety of reasons but everybodys different

Answer this, what benefit do you see coming about from handling a tarantula?

Latest posts