• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What tarantula should i get

Zerocool

So I had a few rose hair before .I'm trying to decide what would make a good second tarantula. I will be housing said tarantula in an Exo Terra. And should I go with old world or new

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Personally I'd recommend a Psalmopoeus, an irminia or reduncus. They are arboreal NWs and easy to keep although they are pretty fast but a good introduction to arboreals.

Balfouriboi

3 Year Member
I would recommend a Avicularia Avicularia they are docile and slow to throw a threat posture but if you want something with some spunk go with an irminia like Enn49 said

shaun

3 Year Member
Avic avic are lovely tarantulas. Although they do make a mess and need housekeeping. ( helps me get used to getting my hands in the tank) I am an amateur and only have two ts

Tarantulabas1993

So I had a few rose hair before .I'm trying to decide what would make a good second tarantula. I will be housing said tarantula in an Exo Terra. And should I go with old world or new

Old world for a big tank I use large storage containers from Walmart since old worlds bolt and are unpredictable...trust me. They are like 9 dollars at Walmart and are plenty of room for old worlds. I keep new worlds in exo terra tanks such as my arizona blonde, curly hair, and zebra leg. I just started the hobby in October and found my own rhythm to save money plus spoil my Ts.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts