• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What species of Brachypelma is your favorite and why?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What species of the whole Brachypelma genus is your favorite and why?
I believe I have pretty much them all, including the Tliltocatls and would go for my auratum. They are all beautiful and do not see her as prettier as the other one but this one that I have since she was .5 inch is an exhibitionist. Even as a sling she would never hide or dig and she’s always been out and about. I placed her in a circular enclosure to always be able to look at her 360
Yes, I am a proud papa if you can’t tell!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Brachypelma smithi

20210120_182106.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the whole genus, so struggle to pick a favourite but I'd have to go with B. Hamorii - simply because it's the T that bought me and countless others into the hobby it's the first T that springs to mind when you mention the word tarantula..
I will always have a soft spot for them above all others :)
IMG_20191006_203824.jpg
IMG_20190707_165630.jpg

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Brachypelma emilia, they look amazing and (at least in my case) they are a special kind of skittish. Of course maybe I’m biased since I have two. Close second is B. hamorii.

Yes Brachy emilia is my favourite :) I love the stripey orange and black legs on many Brachys but her diamond on the back made her stand out to me.

Latest posts