• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What other T's can be put with a Rose Hair T?

l.poehling

3 Year Member
:DI have an opportunity to get a Rose Hair T.:T: It is an adult, I really would like to have a group eventually.
I would like to get info on what can be housed together with a Rose Hair T....
Colorful is good. and docile will be a great thing too.
It is too late for me to order anything online. Winter hit today, went from 60 degrees-20 degrees.:oops:
I hope some of the suggestions are for both, aerial and terrain. We have a 30 gallon tank for the
housing. I will eventually get an open front housing unit. The aquarium will be decked out!!:cool:
Thanks for taking the time to read this...........Enjoy Life...

l.poehling

3 Year Member
You can house a male rosehair with a female rosehair for a few minutes... Then you end up with just the female. :rolleyes:
I could not do that DVirginiana, We rescue critters, that would break my heart to see that happen.
No, I don't want to hurt them. I will keep her separate if I get her.
Thank you for your answers, good information to know.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
I could not do that DVirginiana, We rescue critters, that would break my heart to see that happen.
No, I don't want to hurt them. I will keep her separate if I get her.
Thank you for your answers, good information to know.

lol I wasn't suggesting it with any intention of hurting the male spider, but males of most species die shortly after reaching sexual maturity, and from what I've read are often eaten by the females after mating. I don't know the fine points of T breeding, but I'm still deciding if it would upset me to eventually breed some knowing that there's a good chance the male would be dinner.

I think there are some arboreal species that can be housed communally, but I think it may all have to be the same species. Someone with more knowledge of that can tell you more about that than I can.

khatchet

3 Year Member
It is not safe to house and tarantula togather. If you would like I can give you a list of invert that can be housed togather. There are scorpion that can live to gather.

Feriat

3 Year Member
There are very few tarantulas that will tolerate each other in a communal setting and in all instances its extremely expensive and some will eat each other. Its something that very experienced keepers should only try.

Ive never had a female eat a male while breeding, not to say a few haven't tried. You just gotta sit there and make sure it doesn't happen.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
lol I wasn't suggesting it with any intention of hurting the male spider, but males of most species die shortly after reaching sexual maturity, and from what I've read are often eaten by the females after mating. I don't know the fine points of T breeding, but I'm still deciding if it would upset me to eventually breed some knowing that there's a good chance the male would be dinner.

I think there are some arboreal species that can be housed communally, but I think it may all have to be the same species. Someone with more knowledge of that can tell you more about that than I can.
I really like your list DVirginiana. Thank you for the info. I am really just trying to make a good T. hobbyist..

l.poehling

3 Year Member
It is not safe to house and tarantula togather. If you would like I can give you a list of invert that can be housed togather. There are scorpion that can live to gather.
Thanks khatchet but that is a no go on the Scorpion
I am a Scorpion, but they scare the hell out of me:eek:. I just got my husband to let me get a T.. ;)

l.poehling

3 Year Member
There are very few tarantulas that will tolerate each other in a communal setting and in all instances its extremely expensive and some will eat each other. Its something that very experienced keepers should only try.

Ive never had a female eat a male while breeding, not to say a few haven't tried. You just gotta sit there and make sure it doesn't happen.
I am definitly not ready for breeding Feriat. It would be neat to see, as long as the male survives.
I guess I will stick to a pair or two that can live together.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
The majority of tolerant tarantulas (Tarantulas are not really communal) are old world species, which usually have a bit more potent venom and not usually recommended for beginners. One of these is often a challenge for people just starting in the hobby, now imagine trying to rehouse 5 fast, potentially dangerous spiders at once. Even for more experienced keepers it is quite a challenge. Best to stick to keeping one spider per enclosure until you have enough experience.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
The majority of tolerant tarantulas (Tarantulas are not really communal) are old world species, which usually have a bit more potent venom and not usually recommended for beginners. One of these is often a challenge for people just starting in the hobby, now imagine trying to rehouse 5 fast, potentially dangerous spiders at once. Even for more experienced keepers it is quite a challenge. Best to stick to keeping one spider per enclosure until you have enough experience.
Your so right Ceratogyrus, Re-homing would be a hard at that point.
I think one ground and one aerial. Now for the fun part looking for the ones I like..;)

khatchet

3 Year Member
I would start with an Avic any type for pink toe other then the giant for aboreal and B smithi the red knee for terestral.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I reccomend checking out...
For terrestrial;
Brachypelma albopilosum
B. smithi
B. vagans
Euathlus sp. red

Arboreal:
Avicularia versicolor
A. avicularia
A. metallica