• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what kind is she?

dreadedlaramie

my name is laramie and am looking forward to getting to know my fellow tarantula pet parents!!

i am brand new to this and am also hoping to get some advice/help on how to best care for my new addition!

i adopted this sweet girl (?) this last thursday the 5th (her name is lars)
the adoption sheet (at petco; i know) said she is an arizona blonde but as you can tell, she is not.
she is some kind of pink toe but i don't know how to narrow it down more

i want to know what kind she is so i can best care for her
her current enclosure is in my mom's bathtub (so she can be warm), but obviously this cannot be a permanent solution
the washcloth is to make it a little more humid for her (but i'm not sure how humid it should be!!!! it seems to vary by species)

she seems to be doing fine, has moved around a bit and is making a web, but she has not eaten yet (should i be concerned yet?)

Attachments

• lars.jpg
    lars.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 26
  • EmfPOKYU4AIWiJH.jpg
    EmfPOKYU4AIWiJH.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 27
  • EmfQJ2_UcAAdkgN.jpg
    EmfQJ2_UcAAdkgN.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 30

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is an A. avicularia, and a cute one at that. This species needs an arboreal set up (enclosure taller than wide). They live in low lying trees in nature, so a bit of humidity is nice (a simple water dish will do. But most important--they need lots of ventilation!!! Failure to provide cross ventilation is an Avic killer. Consider buying a small arboreal exoterra--plenty of cross ventilation. Consider losing the thermometer and the hygrometer. Room temperature and a water dish are fine. I hope this helps. congratulations!!!

Felixaad17

It is an A. avicularia, and a cute one at that. This species needs an arboreal set up (enclosure taller than wide). They live in low lying trees in nature, so a bit of humidity is nice (a simple water dish will do. But most important--they need lots of ventilation!!! Failure to provide cross ventilation is an Avic killer. Consider buying a small arboreal exoterra--plenty of cross ventilation. Consider losing the thermometer and the hygrometer. Room temperature and a water dish are fine. I hope this helps. congratulations!!!
Definitely spot on! I also recommend you find an arboreal set up which does not have a screen lid (or modify the cage so that the screen lid is replaced with acrylic - you can get sheets on amazon for pretty cheap and use a drill to create holes). What a gorgeous T, have fun!

Latest posts