• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is the snake that can live with a specific tarantula?

Iputtie

3 Year Member
My sisters boyfriend is looking to get a snake (I'm sure the snake does not attack/bite humans.) And he mentioned that the snake he's going to get, can live with a specific tarantula that's a female.

I totally forgot the species, and the snake. If someone could tell me that might impact my decision on getting a tarantula.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My sisters boyfriend is looking to get a snake (I'm sure the snake does not attack/bite humans.) And he mentioned that the snake he's going to get, can live with a specific tarantula that's a female.

I totally forgot the species, and the snake. If someone could tell me that might impact my decision on getting a tarantula.
I'd like to know the answer to that question myself..never heard of tarantulas living with snakes..

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Like, in the same enclosure with each other? Obviously, tarantulas and snakes cross paths in the wild, but the idea of a specific breed of snake being able to co-habitate in the same enclosure with a specific species of female tarantula is one of the oddest things I've ever heard.

There is none. Keep snakes and tarantulas in separate enclosures. Methinks your sister's boyfriend is either ill-informed or pulling your leg.

Roo

3 Year Member
Uh it would have to be a massive enclosure for one.. Snakes will strike out at fast moving objects out of fear, try waving your hand in front of a snake and see what happens (No.. don't do that).

Imo both species can potentially cause too much damage to each other to house together.

Dr Mengele

3 Year Member
I have had Snakes for 30 years and have never heard of Anyone that has tried that. My gut is that the Hairs of the T would be Toxic and that the Husbandry wouldn't be comparable . MOST people and i said Most people use heating lamps or pads of some type to allow the snake to thermoregulate .body temperature. They need a sizable water dish and an enclosure that would allow the snake to "stretch" its length or near length. It is doubtful that any species of either would share the same Burrow or tunnel system and that if they did they would keep a Large distance between them . Sounds to me that its isnt Viable but i could be wrong...

micheldied

3 Year Member
I've heard of Ts sharing hides with various toad species in the wild with regular enough occurrences, but never with snakes. Which species of snake, exactly? I'm curious(although he's probably just misinformed).

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pretty expensive snake food if you ask me. Don't be taken in by obvious BS. You have the www at your fingertips.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not to sound stupid but what is the point of troll posts anyway?
Well, to get attention, to laugh when others are perplexed, it's kind of a childish thing some people do. I have to admit, I find the good trolls funny as hell...I have a somewhat childish sense of humor sometimes though..anyway, I don't think this is a troll post, I think the guy is just very uninformed, and possibly very young..and someones yanking his chain. Could be wrong, could be a horrible, unfunny troll..

Latest posts