• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is the meaning behind your name (screen name)

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Several reasons: 1) 5150 is the name of a Van Halen album (I went to school with the bass player, Michael Anthony). 5150 also refers to a section in the Kalifornia Welfare and Institutions Code (where the album name came from). 3) 5150 is my username in my e-male address (e-z to remember).
:T:

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Well... mine is also pretty simple. I love spiders and my nickname growing up was Clown. I also collect scary clown stuff and cheesy clown movies. I'm also covered with over 20 clown tattoos as well. I'm two major phobias in one!!! And no, I don't dress up as a clown...:rolleyes::D

Were you also the class clown in school? I hope you don't think that's a clown question, bro.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Were you also the class clown in school? I hope you don't think that's a clown question, bro.
Yes I was...;)
tumblr_ncral1LRgx1tfg9ado1_500.gif

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, thank you AC! :) I always thought it's a bit weird - dunno why, haha.
A friends daughters name is pronounced Nun-nah but I'm pretty sure it's spelled Nunua, maybe double n, I'm not sure but we liked the The Offspring song , Nunua why don't you get a job?! :)

My name is simple, David J Dunn but I dropped the Dunn because I went awol from being admin on around 15 fish, reptile or invert groups and I didn't want the other admin to find me easily. It doesn't sound right to me though, I'm usually called Dave Dunn or David Jay not Dave Jay but it's growing on me. It's better than my poker name Hairy D that a friend used when he set up my poker account (free chips if you recruit new members) , I did get referred to as hairy Dave (ie "which Dave?" "Hairy Dave") as I've usually had long hair and sideburns but when I joined Facebook there were jokes about if a certain appendage was hairy so I dropped the name. :)

Major 78

Major is an ant thing. Major's are a difference caste, the big ones who do all the hard work. I thought that was pretty ironic and funny for my name, since I am pretty short, even for my age. I'm at 4'10, and I am 13 :) I honestly love my height though, I can get away with a lot of stuff and people assume I'm younger than I really am. When some of your friends hips are up to your shoulders, it can be annoying. Anyways, 78 is just a number I like.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
The title is self explanatory: in my case, the name PanzoN88 (pahn sown 88)(can't really write it in a way that I can help others pronounce it) comes from 2 things:

1. The word panzon is a spanish slang term for a big boned male (rather not say fat, but I am overweight, however I am working on loosing weight). That is why I chose this part of the name.

2. The 88 comes from the fact that I am a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys and that was the number of many Cowboys greats. Also a huge packers fan but that number is not because I am a Ty Montgomery fan (I do not like him as a running back, but that's a topic for another thread.

And that is what my name stands for.
Not to sound rude but how are you a fan of Dallas and a Green Bay fan???
I can relate though, ironically I grew up a cowboys fan early 90s, Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Irvin, ect... What's not to love lol. I ended up a Packers fan though like the rest of my family and I've hated the cowboys ever since.
GO PACK GO;)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not to sound rude but how are you a fan of Dallas and a Green Bay fan???
I can relate though, ironically I grew up a cowboys fan early 90s, Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Irvin, ect... What's not to love lol. I ended up a Packers fan though like the rest of my family and I've hated the cowboys ever since.
GO PACK GO;)
I get that question all the time, even from my own family. I really don't know why or how I became a Green Bay fan, I just know it started when I was 5. Almost my entire family breathes silver and blue, so naturally I did the same for as long as I can remember.