• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What does this look like to you? Molt maybe?

dldietri

3 Year Member
So....she made a molt mat MONTHS ago and never used it. Now she's laying in this really awkward position. She isn't moving at all. She's about 18 years old. Could she actually most in this position? Or is she sick?
image.jpg

dldietri

3 Year Member
My next question would be....when a t dies, will it always curl up into a death curl? Or can they die in a position like this? And if it does always curl up, how long would the curling process take? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long should I let her lie like this before I attempt to touch her or see if she moves? She did move the one leg that she had up on the tree stump so now it is down with her front leg kinda in the tree hole.

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
they dont always curl but ive never seen a t just lay down to die. never know. dont bother her for a few days. tell ya what, if shes not out of that skin by tuesday, try to make her move

Sabeth

3 Year Member
That's exactly what my Rosie looked like before she molted. Usually they will flip over, but occasionally they also molt upright; my B. smithi did it once. Just leave her be, sometimes they seem to take forever but they know when they're ready.