• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do you think the most underrated T species is?

DreadedNeith

Brachypelma Sabulosum I feel is the most underrated. They are the fastest growing Brachypelma redrump but everyone chooses the slow growing vagans over them. I've always been puzzled why they aren't more popular...I cant even give them away. Sling, juvenile, sub adult, mature female.View attachment 39057 View attachment 39058 View attachment 39055View attachment 39056
You really can't even give them away? They are beautiful imo. I'd love to get one some time.

DreadedNeith

You'd be amazed

If I had a dollar for every time I read posts stating B. albopilosum were boring, I would have a lot of dollars.
I love my female B. Albo. She is always walking around in the open and digging. She's also pretty calm although maybe not quite as calm as most B. Also. She's pretty too. You can see a piece of coconut fiber on her head in this pic because she was just digging before I took the picture.

Attachments

• 20190708_202801.jpg
    20190708_202801.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 24

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Brachypelma Sabulosum I feel is the most underrated. They are the fastest growing Brachypelma redrump but everyone chooses the slow growing vagans over them. I've always been puzzled why they aren't more popular...I cant even give them away. Sling, juvenile, sub adult, mature female.View attachment 39057 View attachment 39058 View attachment 39055View attachment 39056
Hey if you're giving them away hook me up:D i could definitely see B.sabulosum being considered underrated and to be honest I've over looked this species myself many times as well. I think it's just because the b.vagans has the popular name and people go for that first cause it's all they know. I typically only keep one of each species and though it's a different species it still looks similar to the vagans and i just never felt the need to get another redrump especially when i have a wishlist of about 100 other Ts, probably the same for others as well. But you definitely make some good points in it's defense, i actually kind of want one now.

Avicularia Kael

I love my female B. Albo. She is always walking around in the open and digging. She's also pretty calm although maybe not quite as calm as most B. Also. She's pretty too. You can see a piece of coconut fiber on her head in this pic because she was just digging before I took the picture.
Mine has threat posed and tried to attack me. I still love her.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Latest posts