• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are your other hobbies?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My new hobby is a tiny lizard-dog called a red ackie monitor. Ive pretty much sold my soul and signed over my firstborn child to get my hands on one. **** em, mini comodo dragon!!!

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
After all this colourful discussion you've all had, it feels kinda lame to just say that I practice iaido. Would also practice jodo, but unfortunately no clubs nearby.
I'd not heard of either so I looked them up. Quite a beautiful art form.

I just use my katana to hack up pumpkins for my tortoises. Much more fun than a kitchen knife. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd not heard of either so I looked them up. Quite a beautiful art form.

I just use my katana to hack up pumpkins for my tortoises. Much more fun than a kitchen knife. :)
LOL, Tom, you and I are more alike then you'd care to admit. I have several battle-ready katanas, one custom, as well as a Scottish Claymore, a Hanwei bastard sword and my favorite, a Hanwei ko katana, razor sharp and next to my right hand as we speak. Aren't you the one who spoke about firearms training classes as well? Ah, I believe so. I like you more and more..nohomo...

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
LOL, Tom, you and I are more alike then you'd care to admit. I have several battle-ready katanas, one custom, as well as a Scottish Claymore, a Hanwei bastard sword and my favorite, a Hanwei ko katana, razor sharp and next to my right hand as we speak. Aren't you the one who spoke about firearms training classes as well? Ah, I believe so. I like you more and more..nohomo...
Yeah. I do a lot of stuff. We only get one life. I intend to get the most out of it. Here was this morning's activity:
IMG_6686 copy.JPG

My daughter and I went out and trapped a new falconry bird. Got a little male red tail. She named it "Chicken" because of the way it walked over to the trap instead of flying. The thing is already incredibly calm. Doing much better much earlier than previous birds. The rabbit population is unusually high this year too. Should be a good year for hunting.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah. I do a lot of stuff. We only get one life. I intend to get the most out of it. Here was this morning's activity:
View attachment 31976

My daughter and I went out and trapped a new falconry bird. Got a little male red tail. She named it "Chicken" because of the way it walked over to the trap instead of flying. The thing is already incredibly calm. Doing much better much earlier than previous birds. The rabbit population is unusually high this year too. Should be a good year for hunting.
Nice! I got really interested in falconry until I read about the time involved. I just cant commit with my work schedule. I envy you..hey did you ever pick up a few ackies? I'm still preparing for mine.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Nice! I got really interested in falconry until I read about the time involved. I just cant commit with my work schedule. I envy you..hey did you ever pick up a few ackies? I'm still preparing for mine.
Found a local friend of a friend with four small juvies. Planning on picking them up either tomorrow or next week sometime. I might be leaving town for a week for work.

Latest posts