• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What’s wrong here? Dubia blaptica

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
I’ve been keeping these guys for almost a year now without any issues. Recently I’ve had a terribly deformed youngster and now a male that def had issues molting. :(.

I’ve got them in a Rubbermaid, with cork bark, fresh veggies and fruit every couple of days. I also have a heat pad on medium under part of their tub. Temps are 80-85. Lots of healthy looking babies.

Too hot? Not enough moisture?
BCA021D8-FFAD-4FD9-BB03-DE06DC236C65.jpeg
D81901CE-FD60-489B-8860-B29F80EDE130.jpeg
462627E9-AB41-424E-B81C-85DB6054B923.jpeg

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
I wonder why I’ve found two deformed dead youngsters?

Such a bummer bc I fed out two males in the past couple of days and then found this badly molted male today. I’ve run out of mature males— very odd unless they are fighting and killing/eating each other?

Dammit!

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member
I had a big female peppered roach come out like that recently. At least yours survived! He should be able to keep the line going as long as it's only his wings that are wonky.

The tub does look a little dry. Do you mist it at all?

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
I had a big female peppered roach come out like that recently. At least yours survived! He should be able to keep the line going as long as it's only his wings that are wonky.

The tub does look a little dry. Do you mist it at all?
Thank you for your reply. :) I think the issue might be dryness— ive added a mix of soil to the coco bark and will start misting.

Latest posts