• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well this is annoying

rénee

3 Year Member
This isn't about Tarantulas, nor is it a question, its more of a rant:rolleyes:

About every week and a half I put about 10 crickets in my scorpion enclosure and when they get low I just fill it. Most of the time the crickets are all eaten by the time they get big grown adults well tonight it seems that a few of the crickets have decided to molt in the tank and are now bigger adult crickets who like to chirp! Great that's awesome, nice and juicy for calliou and cleo (the scorpions names) BUT their enclosure is in my room, SO now I get to listen to crickets chirping all night :D

I'm so excited o_O:confused:

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
I like the sound of them lol... reminds me of camping in a tent or just living in the country in general

rénee

3 Year Member
I like the sound of them lol... reminds me of camping in a tent or just living in the country in general
Lmao that is very true although with camping you hear very many other noises too, not just the crickets, and I feel like being in a setting of camping would be more soothing, I'm just in my bedroom here, nothing wildernessy about this :p

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i used to do that with my anoles. and the crickets would get big and chirp....i liked it. helped me fall asleep.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha ha, I hear you. One of the SILENT crickets my Rosea didn't want molted in her tank and started singing all bl@@dy day and night. I ended up taking it out and putting it into one of my 8-legged waste disposal machine's tank (Genic - the other one is my Versi), who seems to be going into a premolt phase, because she left it for a whole day (luckily the cricket seems to have known better than to make any noise or movement in that tank lol), but has now eaten it.