• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird Behaviors...

Taylynn

3 Year Member
My little g. pulchra just did the funniest thing, right in front of me. She gathered a big clump of dirt up under her chelicarae, carried it over to her little soda cap water dish, and dropped it right in. It was very deliberate and left me very confused and tickled. :D

Anybody have an idea as to why she did it? Or any cool "weird behavior" stories to share regarding their Ts?

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
T's do this kind of stuff all the time... It's pretty amusing :) I once checked on my B. boehmei and noticed his water dish was missing. I looked inside his burrow and behind him was he water dish on its side. I swear, he was looking at me like, "I DARE you to try to take this from me." Needless to say he wasn't too happy when I went to retrieve the dish... He also does the rolling of substrate thing. It's cute. They like to rearrange their enclosures however they want it.

Another not-so-cute habit my G. rosea has is pooping in his water dish. Literally every time I fill it up :mad:

Latest posts