• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Want to stop seeing spam posts? Read this.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
They will spam a site whether it's dead or busy.

kormath is correct, Josh would need to give elevated permissions to an experienced person who knows the ins & outs of IPs, including knowing the difference of 'good & bad' bots. Spiders, Baidu, Tors, etc etc.... I could go on all day. IPs and coding are tricky and not to be trifled with.

My intention is to set up the IP filter with a set of banned IPs that I will make based on what is seen here. Once this is "composed" and initiated, I would like to train the existing Moderators in the fine art of killing spam and keeping it off the forum.

I have sent Josh an email with a link to this thread.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
I am The Spamantula Hawk Moth.

t4uc6.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yet again Spammer`s coming in thick and fast. I`m reporting them the second they appear, if only I had control of the delete button, I could quit happily sit here all day and remove these Parasites from the forum. I am The Spamantula Hawk Moth.

I try to get them asap.

All jokes aside... I have yet to receive a responce from Josh as well. Been a while. I hope he's OK.

I didn't get a reply either, I know he said he was really busy.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
This is a fine example of why I believe there should be no less than 2 Admins on forums. Life gets busy and too much time away from a forum can have its drawbacks. Not trying to cast a bad light on Josh at all here. I too at times get really busy and such things often take priority over other things.

The Mods do a great job at removing the spammers. I hope they continue to get reported, as this helps a lot. :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
When I get on when I get to work I find that alot comes in around 9am my time which is EST, and I report as many as I can but the second countdown wait to report I find annoying personally though I understand the reason why.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Will and @Josh I do my best, unfortunately the spammers seem to operate when I'm not online. I do wonder if some sort of CAPTCHA would be the answer to our problem.

Latest posts