• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ventral and molt of My freshly molted 2.5 inch G. Quirogai :) M or F?

Roboto22

I did send the molt to Kelly Swift at Swifts Inverts for a confirmation by molt but couldn't help but ask what ya'll thought. The molt pic is bad but i did get a close up of the Ventral. Everything i've looked up online says this would be a female ventral. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• molt.jpg
    molt.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 23
  • ventral.jpg
    ventral.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 24

Hemolymph

3 Year Member
Nothing is screaming female to me. Ventral photo is showing male. Molt photo isn’t showing anything to make a decision one way or another.

Roboto22

Well in our defense the shape of ventral drawings online for females match up identical with the ventral of mine so the drawings are misleading for sure. The molt never lies though and ventral sexing is not accurate so its all good. Males of this species are probably the longest living so like you said I'll have him for a good while. Bummed it wasnt a female though seeing as I spent 120 for the one sling :(