• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

update on my B sabolsum sling rehousing

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here is an update on my 3 remaining slings a short time after being rehoused.

Some interesting facts, the Jamie's sling cages are actually a bit cooler in terms of temperature then the deli cups were, but only by 2 degrees. They have better ventilation at the top and hot air rises.

I'm not to worried about it.

I previously tested them prior to the rehousing of course. Each sling has totally modded it's cage totally different from the other. The two that burrowed have completely different layouts.

Each cage is rotated to it's next position daily to maintain absolute uniformity.

The feeding schedules are kept close to identical unless one had molted on which case it's skipped.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Most of mine are larger then a quarter right now. Yours seam to be hiding...mine are out all the time. Must be a east coast west coast thing.
20181201_170509.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Slings just burrow so far as I know. For now mine are totally fossoral, but so was my Lasiodora and quite a few others.

My B hamorii is out all of the time, just as much as my L klugi who must be admired 24/7. I'm sure they will come out when they get the adult type colors if they grow like my others.

Latest posts