• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T's in Movies

Redsycthe

I'm into cinema and prefer horror movies generally speaking....

Just wanted to jog some memories if anyone can remember movies with T's in them.

I can think of a couple right away:

Kingdom of the Spiders (William Shatner)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (looks like Braychs)

timc

3 Year Member
There’s a late 90s movie I can’t remember the name of. It’s tarazan-esque, but with a kid they bring back to “civilization” anyway the kid keeps his tarantula in like a coconut or something and uses the thing like a pokemon to wreak havoc or something. It’s been at least 15 years since i’ve seen this movie

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
James Bond Dr No.

sean-connery-dr-no-tarantula-scene.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There’s a late 90s movie I can’t remember the name of. It’s tarazan-esque, but with a kid they bring back to “civilization” anyway the kid keeps his tarantula in like a coconut or something and uses the thing like a pokemon to wreak havoc or something. It’s been at least 15 years since i’ve seen this movie

I love that movie!!! It has Tim Allen in it as the boys dad! His son's name is Mimi-Siku, lol. I will have to look it up as I can't recall the name of it.....

"JUNGLE 2 JUNGLE"

Redsycthe

And the black-and-white 50's classic "Tarantula!".

I thought there might be some in "Food of the Gods" but I think that one was mostly rats.
Yep, and big freaking Hornets. I must preference my horror selection "the more ridiculous and campy the better". That movie is classic, it was around that time period in the late 70s early 80s there was a slew of "killer animal" movies.

Night of the Lepus-Killer Bunnies
Frogs-All kinds of killer reptiles
Squirm-Killer Earth Worms
Piranha- well enough said

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yep, and big freaking Hornets. I must preference my horror selection "the more ridiculous and campy the better". That movie is classic, it was around that time period in the late 70s early 80s there was a slew of "killer animal" movies.

Night of the Lepus-Killer Bunnies
Frogs-All kinds of killer reptiles
Squirm-Killer Earth Worms
Piranha- well enough said

Ahhhhh there's one you're missing....it's a 1988 movie called "Slugs". You should watch it. ;) Pretty damn gory.

Latest posts