• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trinidad Chevron - Psalmopeus cambridgei

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey all you Trinidad Chevron owners out there,

I Picked up a 3.5" Trinidad Chevron at the Scott Smith All Animal Expo last weekend. Still acclimating but a very cool addition to the collection. Photos to come soon...

Any interesting or funny stories out there on these fast arboreals?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very cool looking T's. I love the looks of the Sun Tiger. This is my first Psalmopeus. And, regrettably probably the last? I have one arboreal enclosure vacant and have my eye set on a P. metallica soon.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you do end up succeeding, let me know. I get nervous about the communal setups. I have two Pandinus Imperators sharing a good size enclosure. So, far so good but worry every morning there will be one.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting. Keep us posted. May open up a whole new world for me...Thx.

arakna-G

3 Year Member
I'm sure there's going to be more escapes in the future but hopefully I'll be more comfortable with fast t's by that time.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here is a good clip of the P. Cambridgeri's speed. With legs like this, anytime you open the enclosure, there is a risk of temporary escape. The real danger is to the spider as a fall like the one I saw here could have ended up poorly. Transferring, maintenance, watering and feeding are all opportunities. If possible, try to keep the enclosure on the ground when doing all of the above. I always take longer on my arboreals as I generally do everything a little slower to avoid putting a spook into them and ending up with them all over me. :eek:. Again the real danger is to the spider and a fall.

Jake (Cascade)

3 Year Member
You have have made an awesome choice.
P. cambridgei are stunning spiders.

Here is a picture of one of my females.

I have not a had a scary or funny story with her, but she loves coming to grab the prey item from the top of the cage, and then chooses to stay on the outside of the cage and eat her meal.

Spiderpictures338.JPG

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous T! Mine does not have the pronounced orange streaks as of yet but hopefully soon! That is funny how she stays outside the cage to eat! Thanks.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
all I can add here is that P.cams are one of my absolute favorites. They're so under-rated, but great tarantulas. and surprisingly gorgeous. Can't beat the green.