• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tiger Rump T: Enclosure Question

Cara Menagerie

3 Year Member
Hey guys,

I am picking up my tiger T tomorrow and just got done setting up the enclosure.

Can you guys give me any pointers on how I did with this species?

(I over spent. >_< Honestly should of just went outside to get some kind of log thing instead of buying one. I don't feel so bad with buying the $30 5.5 gallon. I figured 15 for the tank in general, and 15 for the locking lid.)

getPart

Picture #1: I feel like I should throw some substrate into the hide thing?
getPart

Picture#2: The rocks are completely smooth and are actually functioning to help keep substrate down on roots for the pantho's.
getPart

Picture #3: I do have one live plant in the tank. Pantho's. They are extremely low light and easy to deal with. I actually just pulled them up from my main plant. This is going to be a type of show case cage in the house to show people that spiders are flippin awesome. The rocks, again, are just there to keep the hut from sliding to much, etc. They are completely smooth with no possibility of falling on the spider.

Ps: As for a back ground, I used a little trick I learned from my fish tanks. You just spray paint the outside of the back a color to help off set the cage. Works like a charm.

Fleas

3 Year Member
Sorry i cant see none of your Images I would avoid spray paint on the enclosure it just might stop u of viewing the t :(