• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The hazards of raising tarantulas in the Northeast (New York).

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Right there across the backyard there is a hundred tarantulas I would love to check on (no worries they are in a 75 degrees climate controlled garage) but that will require some serious shoveling.....
Sometimes I do envy the warmer southern states climates but then again there is a price to pay to live in the greatest city in the world
CF3792D0-5F2F-425F-BCED-2E64B322B5F3.jpeg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
California is never that cold :)

Back in my younger years I was involved with pirate radio. One of the presenters on one of the stations I was involved in was from Eastern Europe, so you have to imagine this in an Eastern European accent & remember dead air, no music, DJ, advert etc is a big don't do.

Record playing Albert Hammond, It never rains in Souther California.
Record finishes & there a few seconds of dead air.
"Tis true. It never rains there.... God gave them earthquakes instead."

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
“The greatest city on earth” to me is like saying “the best limb to have amputated”. Maybe not as bad as the others but still not ideal. Tried city living for a while, can’t do it :)
I spent the first half of my life in St Tropez :)
I surely miss the Mediterranean Sea but NY state has a lot to offer when it comes to wilderness and I do primitive camping all year long (like this past weekend with 6 degrees at night).
What makes NYC so special to me is not the city, it is its people ;)
13D39DEC-ACD9-46E2-8B53-B3861364AF34.jpeg

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I spent the first half of my life in St Tropez :)
I surely miss the Mediterranean Sea but NY state has a lot to offer when it comes to wilderness and I do primitive camping all year long (like this past weekend with 6 degrees at night).
What makes NYC so special to me is not the city, it is its people ;)
View attachment 53392
I’m not a people person so that may be why I don’t like city life. :)

Latest posts