• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The best laid plans ...........

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
… always go wrong.

I have an I. Hirsutum arriving tomorrow and have run out of space in the nursery ExoTerra vivs that I use to protect the slings from my cats. To make space I decided to move my 2 LPs into 9 litre RUBs. I have spent all weekend preparing the RUBs and the container for the I. Hirsutum, washing cork bark, plants and soaking then drying coir substrate.

By mid-afternoon all was ready, cats out of the room tubs ready then I went for the first LP only to find it mid moult. I knew it was due but thought it would be another week or thereabouts before it happened. I did get the other LP rehoused and with a bit of moving around I have managed to fit in the I. Hirsutum’s container in at a squeeze but I have prospect of another LP rehouse in a week or so. I guess I’ll have to wait before I order my new dwarf Ts too.

Last edited: