• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The best kind of mail

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
The last two days have been like Christmas to me. Yesterday I received (all slings) a P. ornata, 2 A. versicolors, and 3 S. calceatums. Today I received my 4" female H. maculata... I am in heaven. The slings are too small to get good pictures of, but pics of my H. mac will be up soon :D I couldn't keep the excitement to myself any longer!

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The last two days have been like Christmas to me. Yesterday I received (all slings) a P. ornata, 2 A. versicolors, and 3 S. calceatums. Today I received my 4" female H. maculata... I am in heaven. The slings are too small to get good pictures of, but pics of my H. mac will be up soon :D I couldn't keep the excitement to myself any longer!

Very nice,you'll be busy with those babies.

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
I couldn't even wait until she got into her permanent enclosure.... I needed to take pictures to show you guys TONIGHT! Here's Estella <3

Attachments

• IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Absolutely. And she's crazy gentle. The seller showed me pics of her handling her, but I was still surprised at how sweet she was after being in transit for 4 days! I'm in love. I've wanted this T for a long time.

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
It sounds like she's really great. I think getting one of your "most wanted" T's is always a big thrill. You will be grinning ear to ear for days lol. :)

mrotsliah

3 Year Member
Getting T's in the mail. I never thought of that. How are they packaged? Wouldn't the shipping be kinda rough on them? Is that regular mail or UPS or FedEx? ... Sorry for all the questions. lol

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
No worries :) Shipping Ts is a pretty common thing, especially if your local pet shops don't supply the T you want. They are usually packed into a small vial that is lined with damp paper towels. Kind of a makeshift hide for them. The paper towels are packed in tightly and snuggly so that your T doesn't have much room to move at all (they can still stretch their legs, it's just tight enough so that they don't bump around). The vial is then packed snuggly into a box with a heating packet that keeps them warm over their journey. They are usually shipped UPS, USPS, or FedEx. There are lots of videos on youtube on how to pack and ship tarantulas, if you're interested :)