• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarentula's and temperature

Slapmygoat

3 Year Member
Hello everyone !

As I found that one T wasn't enought, I've decided to purchase two more, but something trouble me.

I've ordered sub-adults female lasiodora parahybana and chilobrachys blue vietnam but I've read that the temperature must be around 24 degree C°. The room where's their enclosures, is about 21°C. Does it have any risks to put them under the recommended temperature ? (I've read that it could significantly slow the growing rate, cause molting troubles..)

But I think not, as tarentula's may be really adaptative to the environnement (under a certain limit), which explain how they survived so far throught history but still, I am asking tho, as I dont wanna hurt anybody.. :D

But winter is comming, and I may put their enclosure close to the radiator if it may help (not to close tho )

Thanks ! :)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
As for tempersture, as long as you are comfortsble the spiders should be okay. I wouldn’t go much below 70 F (21 C) but they are indeed very adaptable. Heating units tend to dry the air out though so be sure they have constant access to water.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
They will be fine 20C-29C

They can even cope with even lower temps as long as not for weeks on end.

Latest posts