• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula update

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldn't recommend removing the cork barks to feed them, especially as slings. They can take a while to settle in and if they hide under barks to feel safe removing it can unsettle them and it could result in them not eating.

Also without telling you what to do there's very rarely any reason to handle slings. Again it's just unnecessary stress for them.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The inside of the chaco's container seems awful wet... if you're worried about mold, let the enclosure dry out completely before watering or just water a clump of moss in a corner

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It don’t look too wet for me. The slings look great. I would not worry. If you think the air might be sticky, put a few more holes in the top or the lid...otherwise nothing looks bad at all. But as @octanejunkie said....it looks wet to him. Always good to follow what he said. Let it dry out. Also always have water in a little container in case they need it! Your tarantulas will be fine and you can be proud to worry about them and ask questions! :)

Latest posts