• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula seems to be missing fangs

Nirxu

Hello, I have a tliltocatl albopilosum male that from time to time would climb to the top of his kritter keeper and gnaw at the top for some time. I never saw it as an issue until a little bit ago I attempted to feed it, and the feeding response was great but I noticed the T seemed to be struggling and was wrestling around with the super worm a little too much.. after looking a little closer it looked like the T couldn’t even bite into the prey and it’s unclear to me at the moment but I think I saw at least 1 missing fang. I looked around the enclosure and around the outside to see if it fell somewhere but couldn’t seem to find the missing fang/fangs. What was apparent though was a liquid on the piece of cork bark I have inside which seems to be hemolymph. I’m unsure what to do and was curious if anyone had a similar issue and how they dealt with it

Attachments

• C55949C4-43E4-43F4-A78C-BB26E9D03A15.jpeg
    C55949C4-43E4-43F4-A78C-BB26E9D03A15.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17

Latest posts