• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Pet Names

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
I have two A. avics. They are Elvira and Esmeralda. I also have an LP, Emily. If I ever get a male/female of the same species I may just name them Fred and Ethel.
:T:

Last edited:

JSReptilesUK

All but one of my have names and that's only because I'm struggling to think of one!
Also mine are named regardless of sex as I haven't actually sexed any of them!

Mr T - B.Albo
Cheeto - P. Murinus
Twerk - P. Lugardi
Ronnie - Nhandu Coloratovillosus
Reggie - Pamphobeteus
Fly - GBB
Jellybean - C.Versicolor
Fuzzy - Avic Kwitara
Lars - Avic Metallica
Riften - Y.Diversipes
Hetfield - P.Metallica
Bolt - C. Lividus
Swift - E. Cyanognathus

Lucas the Regal Jumping Spider

& lastly my P. Pulcher who needs a name!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ahhh, I knew a Persephone in grade school..my first love. She kicked me in the balls in fourth grade. I love you Persephone!

I doubt mine would do that, but just another reason to minimizing handling.

Here she is.

P sp machala Persephone as herself 11-18-18.jpg
P machala Persephone huge 4.jpg
P machala Persephone after labor day 2.jpg

Enjoy the pics.

Incompletegeek

3 Year Member
1st T is a 1.5cm B. smithi - "Domino" named after the character in the film El Mariachi as Desperado was one of my favorite films growing up and he/she's a mexican T. Current position is hidden in cork burrow in premolt (hasn't left it in about a week as far as we are aware). She had to be emergency rehoused just before Christmas as missed a bit of mealworm she had left hidden and it exploded with little white flies.

2nd T is a 2-2.5cm G. pulchra - was called Preto (Portuguese for Black) now called Nathalia (portuguese for Christmas day) as got her shortly before christmas day this year and both my wife and I pronounced Preto (Preyto, Preeto, Pretto) differently everytime we said it so it needed changing. Anyways Natalia, Nathalia or Natalie (renaming clearly didn't help) is currently basking on the side of her enclosure nearest the heat mat as she always is unless it's feeding time.

3rd T is 1.2 cm C. versicolor - called Trinity after the town/commune of La Trinite on the island of Martinique. She is an athletic little bugger when there is any enclosure maintenance to be done but mostly just sits on the side of her enclosure in the hammock she made herself waiting to be brought black pinhead crickets.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have close to 400 Ts so they all dont have names. My daughter has named alot of my breeders. It would take forever to name them all here. So I'll share a few of the many mature females.
Pumpkin... B. Hamorii
Spindra...P. ornata
Marylin...C. cyaneopubescens
Cooper...P. regalis
Marley...A. avicularia
Spencer...A. metallica
Ms. Smith....P. smithi
Abba... P. cambridgei
Goldie...A. chalcodes
Red...B. sabulosum
Bertha... T. Stirmi
Charlotte....P. striata
Tina...P. tigrinawesseli
Vermillion...H. gigas
Charlie...C. versicolor
Tony...P. irminia

I'll share some of the mature males names soon.:D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@ilovebrachys If you want me to delete posts I can or I could move them to a new thread. At the bottom of each post is a number, just left of the Like button so if you tell me which posts you want deleting I'll sort it.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here are some mature Male names my daughter came up with.....listing only mature or close to mature males.
Alice...P. regalis
Fozzy...P. ornata
Lemmy...P. ornata
Hannibal...T. stirmi
Ozzy...B. baumgarteni
Kurt...A. chalcodes
Dirk diggler...B. Sabulosum
Coldblood...B. Sabulosum
Natas... P. Gigas
Sid...B. albopilosum
Bob....A. avicularia
Odie... C. Cyaneopubescens