• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula made a burrow and covered it?

DrearyFate

3 Year Member
My G. pulcrha has made her self a pretty large hole, and then covered the top making herself a cave like home for herself. i was wondering will she surface if shes hungry? i dont want to drop in a cricket if it means her struggling to get to it then the substrate cave in on her..
20161126_135118.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My G. pulcrha has made her self a pretty large hole, and then covered the top making herself a cave like home for herself. i was wondering will she surface if shes hungry? i dont want to drop in a cricket if it means her struggling to get to it then the substrate cave in on her.. View attachment 20646
She'll come up for a cricket if shes hungry. They usually reinforce their burrows with web, which is incredibly strong. If it did cave in she would just dig out. Remember though, if she covers the entrance she may be molting. Never break the web and put a cricket in, if she's molting the cricket will eat her. Hope this helps.

Redacted

3 Year Member
My G. pulcrha has made her self a pretty large hole, and then covered the top making herself a cave like home for herself. i was wondering will she surface if shes hungry? i dont want to drop in a cricket if it means her struggling to get to it then the substrate cave in on her.. View attachment 20646
Hi Dreary- she's fixin to molt, so best left alone.