• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank Temperatures

Adrian le Plastrier

3 Year Member
Good day my friendly Tarantula friends

I have a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue) and was wondering if you know of any alternative heating methods, other than a heating pad and heating wire, for the tank. When I feel the walls and they are very cold, and my T is constantly curled up and rather lifeless. (no she is not dead and this I know coz wen I touch her rump or place her into the sun, she moves) :T:

Also what would be the best temperature her tank to be kept at?

Thanking you in advance

Adrian

spidey noob

3 Year Member
if u are needing to heat the enclosure heat mats/heat cable are the best ways to heat Ts unless u want to heat the whole room. some do use ceramic heat bulbs but to be honest there just to harsh for Ts & have two many draw backs for me. ;)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree with Spidey noob. With heat pads, always try to make sure that there are areas of the enclosure that the T can move to if it gets too hot. I have never had an issue with it but there is a lot of content out on the forum that discuss the dangers of heat pads. Bulbs are worse. I only use them for some of my desert scorpions but have them on timers.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
22c is the lowest u want the temp to be really !!!
you want to be aiming for the temps dennydee explaind 24c/26c, so u are going to need a heat source of some kind & a thermostat to regulate the temps safely.
if your only heating one or two Ts i would sugest just useing heat mats (cheap & easy) but if your heating mutible Ts or a rack i would sujest heat cable.