• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Takedown Of The Month

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
all my 3 AF tend to just let the prey wander round and then kill it when I am not watching. I think I have a video of one of my baby curly hairs that I bred taking its first micro cricket. it's not a spectacular take down but was a milestone in their growth.
That would be awesome bro looking forward to seeing that!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd join in on the fun if my schroederi didn't look like it was going to molt any day now.

Guess I do have others that are garbage disposals, that could eat for the camera.
Cool! Any T that is ready to go beast mode my friend!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I’m soo mad. I just had a 3i P. sazimai riding a tiny mealworm like a dang rodeo champ. That would’ve been the winner no doubt
Whoa! My L parahybana sling just wrangled and tore the face off a cricket twice her size I posted it in my album. I'm sure you got other artillery, you got one fine collection going on there bro!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Update to all my peoples; 1 photo and 1 video per contestant! I'm excited to see what you all got!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Check out my L parahybana sling, little beast... I have a video on this takedown just editing it before posting...

Attachments

• received_391688131734827.jpeg
    received_391688131734827.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 13

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
@SikmT7 I'm having trouble getting any sort of takedown at the moment. They are all in premoult or have just moulted. So frustrating!! But happy they are growing.
Thinking of doing a compilation video of my fails for you guys. When I get a bit of time I'll get the 9 year old to show me how to edit it all together (yes, I'm being totally serious there) :D

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@SikmT7 I'm having trouble getting any sort of takedown at the moment. They are all in premoult or have just moulted. So frustrating!! But happy they are growing.
Thinking of doing a compilation video of my fails for you guys. When I get a bit of time I'll get the 9 year old to show me how to edit it all together (yes, I'm being totally serious there) :D
I hear that sis, I have 8 of my T's in premolt now and they tend to eat less as they sense the winter arriving soon. I can see a comeback very soon for you! :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
you are my hero! what an awesome vid.
I'm suprised I didnt flinch with her that close to my hand.
What you didnt get to see was that the first roach my daughter actually dropped on my hand. Right when you see the flash in the corner of the screen...the roached jumped off my hand and she pounced.

I thought she was going to nail me...I actually closed my eyes so I wouldn't move. :oops::p:D

Heres her last molt well over 1.5 years ago. Shes easily over 10" now. Pictures dont do her size justice. Those roaches were over 3" long.;)
IMG-20181007-WA0001.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm suprised I didnt flinch with her that close to my hand.
What you didnt get to see was that the first roach my daughter actually dropped on my hand. Right when you see the flash in the corner of the screen...the roached jumped off my hand and she pounced.

I thought she was going to nail me...I actually closed my eyes so I wouldn't move. :oops::p:D

Heres her last molt well over 1.5 years ago. Shes easily over 10" now. Pictures dont do her size justice. Those roaches were over 3" long.;)
View attachment 41847
beautiful big girl.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Latest posts