• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. Albopilosus covered it's hide

crazy8legz

Hello, I'm new to the Hobby. Have had a Juvi Curly Hair for a couple months now last week it went inside of it's hide and covered every entrance/exit. It ate a lot, got shiny and fat before it did this so I'm guessing it's getting ready to molt I even left food pre-killed and live for 24 hours and it never came out. I don't plan on disturbing it at all but my question for people that have experienced this is. How long does this last? Or what's the longest this has lasted for you? Should I uncover the hide after 30 days to see if it's ok?

Attachments

• enc.jpg
    enc.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 6

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Welcome to the hobby. Just be patient and do not disturb your T. Premoult can vary, but don't worry, even if you don't see it for a month. Mine has never taken taht long, but you really don't want to stress out your T any more than it already is. It can be very tempting to dig it out, but you really don't want to do that.

crazy8legz

Welcome to the hobby. Just be patient and do not disturb your T. Premoult can vary, but don't worry, even if you don't see it for a month. Mine has never taken taht long, but you really don't want to stress out your T any more than it already is. It can be very tempting to dig it out, but you really don't want to do that.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not disturbing it then probably just throwing in some food every few days and removing it if it doesn't eat. It was pretty fun to watch it before it did this, it was like a kid that had candy for the first time then it crashed into it's hide.

Latest posts