• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stressed GBB

What should I do with my stressed GBB?

• Leave him be

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Move him to a smaller deli cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DranoMax

3 Year Member
Hey guys,

The other night, one of my cats got the smart idea that she'd like to jump on top of the juvenile GBB enclosure sending it falling to the floor. It's one of those single door glass ExoTerra boxes and I'm thankful that at least it didn't break. The GBB didn't seem to be harmed either - all of its legs were working just fine and it didn't have any punctures that I could see on its body. However, it seems to have suffered some sort of emotional trauma. All yesterday and today, the little guy has wedged himself up into the highest corner of his container which I know isn't a great sign of contentment.

I'm wondering what I should do. Should I just leave him were he is? Before, he was more than happy to make a funnel around some branches and fake plants at the bottom and this behavior is uncharacteristic. Should I move him to a small deli cup with a hide to feel more secure? I don't want to stress him out more than he already is...

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It had to have upset its entire enclosure, and no matter how hard you tried to fix it as it was, they know its different now.
To him/her it must be similar to a rehouse,
if (s)he does not appear injured in any way (keep checking though) I'd keep him dark and comfortable for a day or so and let him/her reacclimate.
Ive been keeping my kitties away from my arachnids with a water pistol, I encourage their help with cricket escapees tho

Latest posts