• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange webbing/eating b emilia

torstrum

3 Year Member
my B. Emilia has been fasting for probably about a week or so now, and I've been feeding her just in case, well today she got the cricket. The thing is whe was acting very strange. She was webbing a mat in her corner(she has lately been matting in OTHER corner), and while matting she dropped the dissolving still mostly intact cricket on the web, picked her butt up and rubbed left to right over it like 4 or 5 times, getting it fairly webby. THEN she picked him back up and now she's standing high on her legs(she'd previously been laying down) with he web arced up to the crik in her mouth :p

Sabeth

3 Year Member
My B. smithi weaves herself an invisible "placemat" each time she eats, using just a little silk. Once she's done I get to "roll up" the resulting substrate carpet! :p Ts are awesome.