• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange spiders in my house.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I keep all of my spiders, and my roach colony, in my bedroom. I keep it around 75 degrees, sometimes a little warmer in the day and maybe 72 at night, minimum. In the past 2 weeks or so, I've found two dead spiders in my room, about the size of a quarter. They have light brown, thick legs, a darker brown carapace with a maroon spot on it. What struck me was how thick the legs were for a small spider..and the fact that I've never seen these before.. and I pay attention to the spiders around here.
They have the look of wolf spiders, but I've never seen them with dark red spots on the carapace, and I cant find them anywhere on my usual identification sites. Mainly I get wolf spiders, jumping spiders, widows, house spiders, those cool green spiders, I think they call them lynx spiders...maybe leopard spiders? I forget..and even killed a few brown recluse before(those are the only spiders I destroy, widows get relocated). I can't get a decent pic or I would post one, both of these unidentified spiders were dead when I found them in my room, the second one killed by one of my dogs...she despises bugs..anyway, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction by the description alone, maybe someone from the south has seen these? I'm in Texas. I'm not worried or anything, I just like to be able to identify the species around me, even if I forget later..:) Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts