• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stomping violently? Strange behavior...

Ms.Vicious

3 Year Member
Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm new to tarantulas myself and would like to know what a "T" is? And I hope your rose gets better :)

Ms.Vicious

3 Year Member
Oh thanks, haha I thought it was some big scientific thing, haha. Hey do you know anything about a bite from a rose?

spazz

3 Year Member
Yes pinkies. One one week and another a week later. (didn't want to kill it myself and my other T didn't want it. ) It didn't look like she had any trouble subduing them.

@spiderengineer- Yeah I wasn't sure on buying the pinkies, the guy at my exotic pet store told me I should as they get bigger. I never realized that they could potentially be harmful to the T.
Pinks themselves cannot harm anything, it is their nutritional content that is the concern. As an occasional treat they are fine, and even beneficial, but given as a regular staple they do not offer proper nutrition.

Last edited:

spazz

3 Year Member
Oh thanks, haha I thought it was some big scientific thing, haha. Hey do you know anything about a bite from a rose?
A bite, unless you have a specific allergy is harmless. About the same as a bee sting. Some of the larger species have fangs capable of puncturing a fingernail or severing arteries or even smaller tendons, but there is no evidence that any T has venom that can kill an adult human.

Last edited:

Ms.Vicious

3 Year Member
A bite, unless you have a specific allergy is harmless. About the same as a bee sting. Some of the larger species have fangs capable of puncturing a fingernail or severing arteries or even smaller tendons, but there is no evidence that any T has venom that can kill an adult human.

Thanks, I wrote a post about it called Rose Hair Bite, if you would read it and give me your input i would really like that. :)

spazz

3 Year Member
Caught her doing her one leg on the glass thing.

image_zpsdc6b5fda.jpg

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Its weird because my Rosie does something like this too! Except he moves slower and goes around in a small tight circle. He doesn't spin a web while he's doing it or anything. And I have only seen him do this behavior once since I have had him. Its strange.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
I hope not, all my tanks are clean, fresh substrate, and non of my other T's seem to be bothered at all. She is a Rosie so who knows!