• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Started with tarantulas yesterday.

Tyler Shane1993

3 Year Member
Not many places can you get a tarantula on the Louisiana/Mississippi border, but as soon as I heard the pet shop down the road was doing a Halloween special for many different species I jumped for the chance! Infatuated with house spiders at an earlier age and all throughout my teenage years I was getting closer to the day when I would stop dreaming of large spiders and start caring for them myself. From all of the different arachnids on display only one of them caught my fullest attention: the Orange Baboon Spider, with all its striking markings and my favorite vibrant orange color. I did a few hours of research and noted their aggressive nature, toxic venom, feeding habits, and lightning fast speed. I never wanted a puppy, no, I wanted spiders. One of my favorite memories at 15 was putting my hand in a Texas stormpipe and letting hundreds of daddy-long-leg spiders crawl and zip around me. I have a very small habitat of Texas-born crab spiders, my favorite spider. I am currently searching for a T that is more docile as well, such as a Brachypelma, as I am used to having spiders yet never touching them. I picked her up last night for a transfer and let her crawl on me. She jumped off of my arm and onto her back - twice - so I may not pick her up again for her safety. Does anyone else have experience with this gorgeous creature?

Thank you for reading :)
-Ty

Logan D

3 Year Member
welcome to the forum and awesome choice i just order 2 obts recently should be here Wednesday just be careful :T:

Last edited:

Latest posts