• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some questions M.balfouri

MajinBuuSama

Hello guys! I've been missing here for a while, I've had the new enclosure for my tarantula for a while too, is 30x25x25. This Is the Enclosure:
https://www.aquariumline.com/catalog/diversa-terrario-vetro-apertura-scorrevole-p-18992.html (I also put a pic)
I'm waiting for a person to put she in, because I don't want She escape or get hurt. I have never done with a large tarantula, and I would like to see live how to do it. lol.
But I wanted to know if I have to take other things, for example substrate and heating methods. I have the heating mat placed on the side of the case, but I don't like it, my tarantula is always on that side as if it did not reach the temperature, but on the thermometer it shows that it's warm, But touching it does not seem.. plus the thermostat always shows the green light, as if the temperature had not been reached. As I change the mat, I wanted to know if the cable is better at this point and how I should place it. For the substrate I have sphagnum, but it seems to me that there is always a little too much humidity in the case, when M. Balfouri should not have too much humidity I have been told.
Some videos have shown using excavator and sand, but my tarantula seller advised me against it as it could stick on them in wet spots if she overturns the water container.

If there are specific brands of mat / cable or substrates it would be better so I buy exactly those

You can help me ?

Attachments

• 18996_Y1AenL3gI9gr_large.jpg
    18996_Y1AenL3gI9gr_large.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10

Tarantulafeets

Is the enclosure substrate purely sphagnum? If so you need to change it to dry coco fiber, as M balfouri prefer it dry. Tarantulas do not require any extra heat unless it's really cold, so I wouldn't use it and instead use a space heater only if the temp is out of control where you live.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is the enclosure substrate purely sphagnum? If so you need to change it to dry coco fiber, as M balfouri prefer it dry. Tarantulas do not require any extra heat unless it's really cold, so I wouldn't use it and instead use a space heater only if the temp is out of control where you live.
I use a 1:1 mix of Coco and sphagnum but in all honesty they will web over everything and make web tunnels. The substrate becomes inconsequential after a short time.

Latest posts