• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So much for feeding Mystery lol

hopeful_tarantula

3 Year Member
Well...I went out yesterday and got my first box of crickets. Was really looking forward to feeding Mystery as obviously with it being my first T, I haven't actually experienced a tarantula feeding yet. Came home, and was about to put a couple of crickets into the tank...when I saw something strange...

At first, I thought that Mystery was actually dead...but it wasn't until I actually looked closely at the back of the hide that Mystery has, it turned out that Mystery had moulted for the first time since being here!! Pretty much nearly a perfect moult...except that I think either Mystery is a male, or the leaf shaped fold had got damaged in the moult. I will attach a photo on here (and in the photo thread) when I get a chance to get the camera out.

I can't believe I missed out on a moulting, but I am glad that Mystery got through it safely...but it does mean that Mystery and I will have to wait before it's time for the first feeding lol.

Julia x

hopeful_tarantula

3 Year Member
HungryGhost - thanks. Will get the photo up soon

Just beginning to think about getting a few more tarantulas a gecko or something, so that crickets don't go to waste lol. May have to wait a few months for that to happen though lol.

Julia x

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
HungryGhost - thanks. Will get the photo up soon

Just beginning to think about getting a few more tarantulas a gecko or something, so that crickets don't go to waste lol. May have to wait a few months for that to happen though lol.

Julia x
That was the excuse I used, too many crickets. Now I have 6 tarantulas and 14 mantids:oops: