• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So. Fluffy the obt might have escaped. Not sure

TheFlash

Fluffy... My OBT hasn't been seen in her cage which is usual as she burrows... But I dropped in a feeder a few days ago and forgot to close the top of the enclosure. Realized the next morning... Hoping she isn't around my house somewhere.
The thing is... A few days later went to drop in a feeder again todat and noticed a thin strand of Web on the top attached to the wall... Hmm I haven't seen the feeders after I drop them in but they are juvenile dubia roaches so they also burrow....

Should I dig around?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The chances are she won't have gone far so check dark corners near her container. One thing that has been found to work is a hair dryer, Ts don't like draught so set it on cool and blow around but make sure you have a catch cup close at hand.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
First, look around your pillow. An escaped obt will immediately take up an ambush position on its keeper. It's probably waiting for you to fall asleep, so it can crawl inside your tighty whiteys. They are sadistic, murderous creatures. Time is critical now. First, we call on @Shampain to assist you. He's dealt with wild obts before. You must stake a small child or kitten out near the escape location, as bait. Then, in the dark of the night, when the obt creeps up on the child or kitten, Shampain will spring out and play patty cakes with the obt, thereby distracting it long enough to get the fireplace tongs and place a catchcup over the spider. Voila. You're welcome, sir.

In all seriousness though. LMFAO you have an obt loose in your house. Sleep well..:D
:beer: