• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling

izzp99

My g pulchra sling has completely blocked the entrance to its hide and has been burrowed in there for a couple days now... when should I worry?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Give it several months before you start to get worried. This is perfectly normal behaviour. T's will seal themselves off, prior to a molt & also just because they can. I have several T's that are sealed up.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yup, very normal. I would keep whatever you keep water in close by and filled every few days or so, in case it is thirsty.

How big is your sling?

What did it look like before it closed off its hide?

izzp99

Yup, very normal. I would keep whatever you keep water in close by and filled every few days or so, in case it is thirsty.

How big is your sling?

What did it look like before it closed off its hide?
It's about 1 -2 cm , this is an image of it about a week before it closed off its hide

Attachments

• 20230131_185225.jpg
    20230131_185225.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hard to tell if it is in premolt at least for me. Its abdomen looks good to begin with and this mealworm would have filled it out. It may be waiting to molt in a secluded place. Still put water near the hide. Read a book. War and Peace, for example.

izzp99

Hard to tell if it is in premolt at least for me. Its abdomen looks good to begin with and this mealworm would have filled it out. It may be waiting to molt in a secluded place. Still put water near the hide. Read a book. War and Peace, for example.
It was hard for me to tell if it was in pre molt, the only reason I even have this picture is because that was its first meal in 2 months

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It all sounds normal. Time will tell. Me personally, I would not be worried about it. I have in the past but nothing you can really do, except make sure it has what it needs and to wait.