• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling molt reassurance needed.

Coradams

I have a 3/4 B. albiceps sling that burrowed - I believe to molt- over 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen it since. I know bigger ts take their own time in such things but is it unusual for a sling that small to stay buried that long? The opening to its burrow has been filled in. The bedding is coco fiber. I keep the bottom layer moist by adding water via pipette down the sides "Tom Moran style." There is always a Lego filled with water. I put a piece of mealworm in just in case but the sling has not made an appearance. Any advice? Thanks

Gizalba

3 Year Member
I have a few slings I have been worried about - they weren't seen for about a month but 2 of them have eventually reappeared :) My Davus Pentaloris sling I have never seen since I got him about 6 weeks ago, and I can't see any 'signs' of movement, but I am keeping up with watering him and hoping for the best. I also put in either a dead mealworm slice or a bean weevil every 3 days or so, in case he does want to eat, then take it out the next day. I am not sure if I am doing right though!

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Thank you for your replies! I am encouraged. Any advice as to how long is too long for a "no show"? When do I start to worry?

I am not sure how long is too long for a "no show" but just to let you know my missing sling Dave finally appeared today! :D 2 months and 2 days after the disappearance! I am so happy lol. I hope yours have appeared/do so soon.