• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling LP won't eat

Paul Bowen

3 Year Member
20170111_123759.jpg
20170111_123753.jpg
Rehoused on Sunday the 8th and hasn't eaten. Left a freshly killed Cricket and it sat. Took that dead one out and put another in and no interest. There is water, I have myou office heated so it's warm but I don't know if this is normal or what to do. Tried "spoon" feeding and nothing.

Suggestions?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It can take a while for them to settle in after a rehouse so I'd leave it a few days before feeding again. Had the prekilled cricket been moved at all? Sometimes they just suck out what they want and leave the rest of the carcass.

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
thats amazing that a tarantula can be fed prekilled prey.. I mean I dont feed prekilled but I do see it happen a lot with snakes but before today I had no idea T's would accept prekilled. my rose hair or ball python were both picky eaters and I'm fairly certain they wouldnt even look at something prekilled.. I swear this forum has taught me so much!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
thats amazing that a tarantula can be fed prekilled prey.. I mean I dont feed prekilled but I do see it happen a lot with snakes but before today I had no idea T's would accept prekilled. my rose hair or ball python were both picky eaters and I'm fairly certain they wouldnt even look at something prekilled.. I swear this forum has taught me so much!

That's the great thing about a forum like this, you get the experience of others who know what they're doing rather than caresheets that are mainly out of date now.

Redacted

3 Year Member
One exception, though. Scavenge-feeding is a terrestrial T phenomenon. Arboreals seldom if ever scavenge feed.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I never seen my versicolor on the ground. But its the only T i have that i can tong feed.
I fed my A. sp. Peru Purple meal worm chunks quite often when he was tiny. The versicolor wouldn't eat them unless they moved.

Paul Bowen

3 Year Member
happy to report i left a cricket that i cut in half and within a minute it was getting eaten. question: how long do you let them feast? when i left gor work at 5p EST it was still on the cricket.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
happy to report i left a cricket that i cut in half and within a minute it was getting eaten. question: how long do you let them feast? when i left gor work at 5p EST it was still on the cricket.

I'm glad it's eating. Just leave it to eat its fill

Latest posts