• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shipping T's and Inverts legally?

pennpets

3 Year Member
I have found that there is no shipping company, including the US postal service that allows one to ship live inverts (or dead ones for that matter). There are many restrictions for live snakes and reptiles but FedEx will ship them, but it requires jumping through many hoops to get "certified" and then it is only business to business. Does anyone know if there is a company similar to shipyourreptiles.com that will ship inverts? Or do I have to keep being sneaky?

I am sorry about posting this in general forum, but thought it may be the best place for it.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
I was watching a Ken The Bug Guy video. He was up on stage for an hour talking about stuff. He said he is trying to get one of the companies to change their laws, but it's a governement thing so it's never handled correctly or quickly. But in the video he said that the shipping companies knew what he was doing and that they just turned a blind eye because of all the money they make off him and his shipping.

So truth be told, unless it's specifically a company that deals with shipping live poisonous animals, it's not legal and he said there was one case where a person was actually prosecuted for shipping inverts. What happen to this guy I don't know.

I'll find the link for you and post it to the video.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
USPS is illegal and they will prosecute you if you are caught, and confiscate the shipment. The others sort of follow the "don't ask, don't tell" mantra. Never ship USPS, its not worth the risk and each person caught just adds more negative publicity to our hobby.