• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

She started off docile...then got herself an attitude!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
When I first got my Rose Hair, I held her, she was docile, calm, I do not have arachnophobia, so I was also relaxed. I have had her now a few weeks, Have tried to hold her twice since the first time, both times she tried to bite me then ran. She is very well fed, I always approach her slowly, like I said the first time I didn't have an issue at all. I am wondering why she changed her reaction. She is very healthy...eats good, she is active, seemingly unafraid, She wanders her habitat LIKE A BOSS! Haha. I'm wondering, do they get territorial? She is also a large female, was wondering if that may have to do with the slight aggression. She has not actually bit me, but she no longer seems like she wants anything to do with people hands. Which I am 100% fine with, I still love her to death, just sort of curious. o_O

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's probably just comfortable now. IME more rosies are aggressive than not. They don't like being handled(tarantulas in general), nor do they get anything out of it, Unfortunately, yours just happens to be vocal about it.
WTTB.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
My female Rosie Hair is the biggest you know what haha but I still love her and she is my biggest T right now! She eats like a horse too, and explores all over her enclosure, but if I go in there with tongs or anything she automatically charges the tweezers, even if I am not near her. So most of the time I will never put my bare hand in her tank. But Rosie Hairs are known to surprise you, they are all so different. :D

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
My female Rosie Hair is the biggest you know what haha but I still love her and she is my biggest T right now! She eats like a horse too, and explores all over her enclosure, but if I go in there with tongs or anything she automatically charges the tweezers, even if I am not near her. So most of the time I will never put my bare hand in her tank. But Rosie Hairs are known to surprise you, they are all so different. :D

Spot on!!!! Hahaha, mines just about the same. She surprises me more and more everyday! :)