• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

"SHADOW", my sweet pulchra

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpg

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Yea, shiny black. Mine walks on my hand, with her butt(abdomen) ALL the way pointed up, with her rear legs stretched. It's so weird and cute. I gotta take a pic or vid of it and show you. None of my other T's have ever done that

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:) My P antinous did that when I took her molt from her. When they stick their butt in the air they look like they're fixing to spring at you :D I didn't get a pic of course, as usual I was too involved in what I was doing and didn't think of it..but yeah apparently she gets a little pissy after a molt. They look wicked when they do it though :D

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea, shiny black. Mine walks on my hand, with her butt(abdomen) ALL the way pointed up, with her rear legs stretched. It's so weird and cute. I gotta take a pic or vid of it and show you. None of my other T's have ever done that
This is a defensive posture..... making them selves look as big as possible.
She is adorable. One of my first pulchra was named Shadow, sadly she passed a short time ago.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
This is a defensive posture..... making them selves look as big as possible.
She is adorable. One of my first pulchra was named Shadow, sadly she passed a short time ago.
Lol. I didn't know that. She never did it before, only after her molt. She probably still wasn't at full recovery when I held her, which is of course my fault, but she soon layed her body down and spread her legs out like usual.
I love these. Def getting more