• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scorpions! If you got em, post em!!!

TJB13

3 Year Member
Here's a closer picture
image.jpg

TJB13

3 Year Member
About a year, just under. I like this desert species. All my other scorpions are emperors. I haven't seen my giant desert hairy in a while. Hides a lot and every once in a while I see it cruising around in the morning.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome Hairy. I love the species. I'd haveone for sure if not for the fact that I can walk outside and see them in the wild. Such a cool scorp.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
FYI researching scorpion keeping....any tips that vary from commonly found care online would be appreciated. :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Large, showy, not gonna kill me ones. Primarily looking and reading up on Emperor's, since I was so taken with them at the expo. I am totally open to suggestions. You haven't led me wrong yet. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
P.Imps(emperor) are Great scorps. They're a tropical sp, that will burrow if given the chance. They are communal, but do best in smaller groups. They're voracious eaters, and seldom sting, their pincers are deceptively strong though.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
H.Arizonensis,B.Jacksoni,HTroglodytes or Paucidens.
the arizonensis burro, tghe rest just hide.

TJB13

3 Year Member
I haven't ever tried breeding desert hairy species. I have read that they are extremely difficult to raise in captivity. In the wild they can have 6 foot deep burrows for accurate temperature and humidity requirements. Of course that's not the case in a terrarium. Has anyone done this or attempted it before? I'm very interested about it.

TJB13

3 Year Member
Yeah like you said you see the desert hairy when you go outside. I believe most of them here in Canada are wild caught. Would be cool to try breeding them. Just nervous about it if its caused people trouble before.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a friend who has done well with scorpions in the past, I'll see if he has any Experience with Arizonensis next time I see him; and I'll get back to you.

Latest posts