• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Salmon pink bird eater after moult care

alexxcarrrr

After care for my freshly moulted salmon pink bird eater

Hi guys, I recently got this salmon pink bird eater about 3 weeks ago and just over 24 hours ago from writing this post he/she moulted. About 12 hours after the moult she seems to be just a little curled up in her corner where she moulted. This morning I saw her stretching a little but she hasn’t moved too much since being in her corner as you can see…

I was just coming on here to ask if this was normal or if I should risk trying to get her out to see if she is doing okay. So far I have of course just left her and filled her water dish up full so I don’t know if it’s normal and she will just come around or if this is something
IMG_6102.jpeg
a little more serious and out of the norm. Hope someone can help!

Ps I have attached photos of the position that I am talking about so you can see :)

Attachments

• IMG_6101.jpeg
    IMG_6101.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You don't say how big it is. Larger Ts can take longer to harden up so please don't try to move it.
Can you see the rest of the T through the side of the container, possibly enough to get a photo?

alexxcarrrr

You don't say how big it is. Larger Ts can take longer to harden up so please don't try to move it.
Can you see the rest of the T through the side of the container, possibly enough to get a photo?
Hi there, i sadly forgot to post the update but it is about 4 inches after the molt now and he/she has started to stretch out the limbs and has been resting on its rear enclosure panel so all looks good. Just seems as if the T needed a little extra time to gather its energy after the molt! :)

Latest posts