• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sad day.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Sad to say my female g.porteri passed away today. She was my first T and the whole reason why I have so many now. She some how got injured and lost a pedipalp. I don't know how she lost it but I didn't notice until she had already curled. I noticed she was leaking around her legs but nowhere around the front for her body. Its been years since her last shed so thought it coulda been part of the molting process but soon realized that's not the case.
_20170330_203818.JPG

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the condolences. Definitely a bummer but not the first I've lost just really concerned about how she lost that pedipalp. Not a trace of it anywhere so thinking she ate it after it came off but still weird.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the condolences. Definitely a bummer but not the first I've lost just really concerned about how she lost that pedipalp. Not a trace of it anywhere so thinking she ate it after it came off but still weird.
So sorry. Never a nice thing. Especially when you know something was not right. I lost a P.metallica following an injury. Never a nice thing. Condolences

Latest posts