• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RIP Cayenne

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cayenne, my beautiful Tapinauchenius gigas sadly passed away last night.

He came to me as a tiny sling at the end of March 2015, never gave me any problems although he could be extremely fast. He grew steadily and developed that lovely orange colour that they are known for but In May 2016 he had his final moult. He was active until the end, climbing the sides of his container just yesterday afternoon.

Another T that will be sadly missed.

Looking his best last October
DSCF7432 (2).JPG

The last picture I have of him taken just 11 days ago
DSCF8875 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry for your loss, I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to pair him up?

I did offer his services last year but with no takers and latterly I daren't risk sending him through the post. I've always said I didn't want to breed myself.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you all.

I had intended rehousing him into a larger container but when he matured I took the decision with the help of the good folk on here to leave him alone and I'm so glad I did. I believe he'd have been miserable in a container with no web whereas he was at least in the home he'd made his own.

Latest posts