• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Returning to the hobby

Danilo

3 Year Member
Hi I use to keep quite a few T's but decided to get out as I just didn't have the time so I advertised and sold the T's but while packing up a female S.calceatum to be shipped to her new home she teleported up my arm down my top and bit me on my stomach

The pain for 12 hours was quite severe but nothing I couldn't handle and thought people were overreacting as to how severe a bite from the featherleg actually was ( or so I thought ) the next morning I awoke,to the worse full-bodied cramps you could imagine it was agony and lasted off and on for a full 7 days (seriously thought about attending A+E but never went

Now a couple of years later I've been missing having a couple so I've pulled the trigger and just purchased a 1.1 juvenile Theraphosa apophysis and 3cm Theraphosa Stirmi sling (no more old worlds for me lol) and waiting for them to be shipped

So hello again

nellyitchabelly

Hi I use to keep quite a few T's but decided to get out as I just didn't have the time so I advertised and sold the T's but while packing up a female S.calceatum to be shipped to her new home she teleported up my arm down my top and bit me on my stomach

The pain for 12 hours was quite severe but nothing I couldn't handle and thought people were overreacting as to how severe a bite from the featherleg actually was ( or so I thought ) the next morning I awoke,to the worse full-bodied cramps you could imagine it was agony and lasted off and on for a full 7 days (seriously thought about attending A+E but never went

Now a couple of years later I've been missing having a couple so I've pulled the trigger and just purchased a 1.1 juvenile Theraphosa apophysis and 3cm Theraphosa Stirmi sling (no more old worlds for me lol) and waiting for them to be shipped

So hello again
I'm new to the hobby and I don't think I will ever be able to have a old world.

Danilo

3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome back

They should be here on Friday I'm not planning on keeping any more than I purchased but we all know it never works out like that lol But for now that's my limit

Will let them settle in for a week before I grab a couple of pics

Latest posts