• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rekindle a old flame

kingtwistedkidd

Hi, I'm Skyler!

I'm not exactly new to keeping Tarantulas but I've never dived deep into the hobby like I have always wanted to. It's crazy how many reclassifications I'm learning after being out of the hobby talk for the last 10 years. B. Vagans hit me hard, and I think I'm still confused with avicularias. I have had three T's for over 12+ years now. T.Vagans, T. Albopilosus, and G.Rosea. I lost a male A. Avic about 7 years ago.

I've had pets all my life and I'm getting to the point that I want a break from the responsibility of owning them. Needing to feed them daily, or not being able to go on vacation without finding a sitter is getting old. So it's returning my love of tarantulas, and how easy they can be to care for comparatively. I can leave for a couple weeks on vacation or fishing trips without worry. (To an extent) This is where my head space is at right now. Even though we still have a Russian tortoise, European Legless Lizard, and three cats. (I have not recieved any new animal since 2012, as I promised myself to stop. But I did adopt the two cats my girlfriend had already owned when we got together a couple years ago.)

This was a long introduction, but now you know a little about me and where my headspace is at. I'm looking to get into more beautiful and aggressive T's and finally getting some old worlds. I have a few questions to ask around in the forum, since I'm slowly relearning things I once knew but may have forgotten or is a little unclear. So in advance I appreciate everyone thats willing to help!

GarField000

3 Year Member
Re-Hi ....
Just ask what you want to know Skyler.
I have had many animals myself. But snakes and spiders are the love for me. Not buying any snakes anymore, but still get new spiders lol. I do have 3 cats as well, but they are not allowed in the spider room.

You have any idea what you want to get into? There are so many new ones last few years ..... :D

kingtwistedkidd

Re-Hi ....
Just ask what you want to know Skyler.
I have had many animals myself. But snakes and spiders are the love for me. Not buying any snakes anymore, but still get new spiders lol. I do have 3 cats as well, but they are not allowed in the spider room.

You have any idea what you want to get into? There are so many new ones last few years ..... :D
Yeah we have a "Reptile Room". Mixed with the other obvious problems, the tortoise enclosure becomes a giant litter box if we don't.

That's what I'm slowly discovering. I can also see what used to be everywhere now seems harder to find. I think getting some dwarfs sound cool, other than H. Sp. Colombia I never really had a desire for them. Also learning about a bunch of them I've never heard of recently. I have to start off with species I've always wanted though.
C. darlingi
C. Versicolor
P. Metallica
H. Maculata
P. muticus
G. Pulchra
Just to name a few...